Ronald K Ford Memorial Scholarship
Associated Credit Union is proud to announce the inaugural Ronald K. Ford Memorial Scholarship!
Ronald K. Ford was a member of the ACU Board of Directors for 12 years, and an integral part of our community as a whole. His love of working with students and his passion for education was an essential springboard to launch the scholarship in his honor. And we want to bring his enthusiasm for higher learning to our ACU community! We hope that this scholarship will make it possible for our young members to make the next step in their education program for college.
Associated Credit Union will annually award $5,000 in scholarships as follows: Two (2) $2,500 awards for a total of two scholarships.
Applicants must meet all of the following conditions:
- Be an Associated Credit Union member and primary account holder in good standing at the time of application submission (no delinquent loans, overdrawn or charged off accounts at the time the award is given, etc.). Not a member? Open an account and become a member today!
- Be a graduating high school senior in 2020.
- Proof of acceptance to an accredited 4-year college, university, or technical school.
- Minimum GPA of 3.0 with an official high school transcript.
- Two (2) letters of reference: (1) from a school official (teacher, coach, counselor, etc) and (1) from a non-family member (neighbor, employer, friend, etc).
Create a video 60 seconds or less answering one of the following questions:
- Describe the most important goal you have established for yourself regarding your future undergraduate experience and explain how the Ronald K. Ford Memorial Scholarship fits into accomplishing this goal.
- Describe the most profound moment of your high school career and how it shaped you to the person you are today.
Submit your video and information
- Make sure you have a Google/Gmail account.
- Upload your video to YouTube.
- Fill out and submit the online application form with the necessary information, documents, and the link to your YouTube video. You will have to login to your Google/Gmail account in order to fill out and submit the online application form.
- Applications must be submitted by March 31, 2020.